Topic: Importance of Women Behind the Camera
Empowerment Lesson Video: Importance of Women Behind the Camera
- Paper/Activity Foam
Tell students they will be watching the video ‘Importance of Women Behind the Camera’. Explain that the video presents role models talking about the role of women and girls in filmmaking.
After viewing the video, Invite students to share what they learned about why it is important to have more women and girls in filmmaking. What differences might there be in a story written by a man and a story written by a woman? Why is it important to have both types of stories be shown in movies and on TV?
- Draw a circle onto the paper or foam and cut out.
- Draw seven slits along the edges of the circle, evenly spaced, and cut them approximately one inch into the circle.
- Between each slit, draw a figure in different poses e.g. a dancing stick figure.
- Poke a hole in the middle of the circle and put the circle onto the toothpick.
- Spin the circle to watch the figures move!