Topic: Importance of Women Behind the Camera
Empowerment Lesson Video: Importance of Women Behind the Camera
- Small cardboard box
- Construction paper
- Small bead
- Bottle cap
- Glue stick
Tell students they will be watching the video ‘Importance of Women Behind the Camera’. Explain that the video presents role models talking about the role of women and girls in filmmaking.
After viewing the video, Invite students to share what they learned about why it is important to have more women and girls in filmmaking. What differences might there be in a story written by a man and a story written by a woman? Why is it important to have both types of stories be shown in movies and on TV?
- Decorate the cardboard box with construction paper in a design/style that you like.
- On the top of the camera, glue the bottle cap on one side and the bead on the other side the flash and shutter button.
- Cut a piece of paper into a 2X7 inch strip, and tape one end to the other to give it a cylinder shape.
- Glue the cylinder on the front of your camera, in the center, as the lens.
- You can further customize your camera by adding a hand strap or more decoration.
*Adapted from simpleasthatblog.com.