Topic: Stress & Anxiety
Empowerment Lesson Video: Stress & Anxiety
- Empty water or soda bottle
- Balloon (color of your choice)
Tell students they will be watching the video titled ‘Managing Stress and Anxiety’. Explain that the video presents role models talking about smart ways to handle stressful or anxiety-producing situations.
After viewing the video, have students share some of the ways that they learned about managing stress and anxiety.
- Using the funnel, put approximately 1 cup of flour into the empty bottle.
- Blow up the balloon and put the end of the balloon on the top of the bottle with flour in it. You may have to stretch the balloon a little bit.
- Slowly turn the bottle over causing the flour into the balloon. You may need to hold the end of the balloon on the bottle so it does not fall off during the process of filling the balloons.
- Once all the flour is in the balloon, carefully remove the neck of the balloon from the bottle and slowly allow the remaining air out of the balloon so only the flour is in the balloon.
- Tie the balloon once all air has been removed.
- Cut the yarn to make crazy hair and use the yarn and sharpies to decorate your balloon.
*Adapted from onecrazymom.com