All Videos (16)
- What I Do
- How I Got Into the Film Industry
- 1st AD vs 2nd AD
- Working on Julie Dash's "Daughters of the Dust"
- Working on Spike Lee's "Do the Right Thing"
- Working With Whoopi Goldberg
- What Makes a Good Story
- Why Girls Should Consider a Career Behind the Scenes
- Helpful Teachers
- Skills From Childhood
- My Great Aunts Were the Delaney Sisters
- My Mentors
- Overcoming Obstacles
Watch Nandi Bowe, director, assistant director and freelance writer, share how she got her start in the film industry by volunteering on a film set and impressing the producers so much that she was offered a job. Some of her film projects include “Do the Right Thing”, “Daughters of the Dust”, “Hocus Pocus” and “Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit”. In her directing work, she loves bringing a vision to fruition by combining the creative process with the management of details. She advises girls to consider a career behind the camera because that’s where the power is to make decisions about the stories we see.