Courses for a Degree in Mathematics
Mathematics is the study of numbers, patterns, shapes, and changes.
For this major you’ll take lots of mathematics classes. But you’ll also need to take classes in the arts, science, and social sciences to earn your bachelor’s degree. These extra courses help make sure that you graduate from college with all of the skills you’ll need to prepare for a successful career in mathematics.
Here are some of the courses you might take to earn a degree in mathematics:
- Vector Calculus
- Mathematical Analysis
- Number Theory
- Probability and Mathematical Theory of Statistics
General Curriculum Requirements
- Arts Courses: Art, History, Languages, Literature, Music
- Math Courses: Algebra, Calculus, Computer Science, Logic, Statistics
- Natural Sciences Courses: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics
- Social Sciences Courses: Anthropology, Economics, Government, Psychology, Sociology