Women’s Studies focuses on the history and culture of women, including feminism, the importance of equality, and politics.
For this major you’ll take lots of women’s studies classes. But you’ll also need to take classes in the arts, science, math, and social sciences to earn your bachelor’s degree. These extra courses help make sure that you graduate from college with all of the skills you’ll need to prepare for a successful career in women’s studies.
Women’s Studies Courses:
- Women’s History in America
- Women’s History Around the World
- Women’s Health
- Sex and Gender
- Sociology of Women
- Women in Politics
- Feminist Theory
- African American Women’s History
- Women, Gender and Law
- Women and Art in Contemporary U.S.
- Gender and Popular Culture
- Feminist Methodologies
- Women’s Spirituality
- Global Feminisms
- Women, Writing and Memoir
- Feminist Comedy
General Curriculum Requirements:
- Arts Courses: Art, History, Languages, Literature, Music
- Math Courses: Algebra, Calculus, Computer Science, Logic, Statistics
- Natural Sciences Courses: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics
- Social Sciences Courses: Anthropology, Economics, Government, Psychology, Sociology